Friday, December 31, 2010

Job hunting and buzzwords

I've been casually job-hunting for a few weeks now.  My current/previous job isn't going to last much longer.  I've been watching my friend's daughter for a little over a year now, but my friend is going to be heading off on maternity leave soon, and I really ought to find gainful employment.

Here's the problem:  I SUCK at buzzword bingo!  I'm looking over my resume, and it fails highly in the areas of Buzzwords and Flashiness.  It has nothing to grip you.  I'm not a terribly exciting person.  And as much as I would like to discuss in detail the various business attempts that have been ongoing for the last two years, potential employers are not generally very excited about knitting publications.  Especially not when you are applying for administrative work with a splash of accounting on the side.

The thought of going back into that environment leaves me feeling somewhat cold and paralyzed to be honest.  It's what I went to school for, it's what I know how to do, but I hate it with every fiber of my being. 

Is there any sort of a job out there that would allow me to fill my artistic passion while simultaneous being gainfully employed?  Is there any possible way to avoid the cold, tired world of administration and accounting?

No comments:

Post a Comment