Thursday, September 2, 2010

When should you call the dentist? (and other random notes)

At Tooth-hurty. hehehe. Okay, that's not only a really bad joke, it's a really old one. Still, updating on my post from a few days ago, I have to say, I'm impressed. The pain subsided fairly quickly and has been almost non-existent since. This is fantastic, as I seem to be fighting a rather ill-timed cold/sore throat. I could manage tooth pain and I can manage a cold, but I don't think a cold (with it's associated sinus pressure, etc.) would go very nicely with tooth pain.

So on the ill-timed cold. I'm supposed to be going camping this weekend. It's been planned for a while and I'm extremely excited. However, the forecast for the weekend is foreboding, to say the least. With promised rain for Friday and Saturday, I have to say, I'm a little nervous. Still, we're going anyway. After all, it's not like I'll catch a cold in the rain (see, there's a silver lining to every cloud). ;)

In other news, I am, as of this moment, a mere 26 rows away from completing the back half of my Knit Picks sweater. A preview post will go up some time in the next few days. I'll have the sweater done by the weekend, without a doubt. It has turned out simply beautiful!! My only regret is that I did not have it done sooner. I will miss it on my cruise. However, that said, I have finished my woven mobius wrap. Picture is forthcoming. :) It turned out much better than anticipated. I'm thrilled to pieces with it. I can hardly wait until the basement is finished and my loom is put back in place so that I can start working on a new shawl. This time, I don't think I'll stitch the ends together. I think I'll just weave a nice 6' long straight shawl.

I think I'm going to take my mother's sweater with me camping. I'd like to make some good headway on the front of that piece. She'd been hoping to take it with her on her vacation, but even without the knitpicks project looming over me, I think that would have taken a miracle. It's a gorgeous piece, but it's also the finest, most detailed lacework I have ever subjected myself to. On the upside, when it's finished, I think I'll be able to publish the pattern from it. It's quite delicate and extremely beautiful. So far, she loves it.

I am going to have to create a spreadsheet detailing my projects, who they are for, and when they are due. I've currently got quite a list, a list that I keep adding to without even realizing it.

I expect my growing list of projects and self-imposed deadlines are to blame for the sudden and unexpected arrival of SEPTEMBER. How did that even happen???

Anyway, this post is quite long enough for now. I've got more to say. I'll say it later.

1 comment:

  1. hehe, I started one of those spreadsheets just before the tent sale. Actually i guess I started a couple spreadsheets - one for yarn needed and one for projects, who they are for and deadlines. I should probably add all the stuff I keep wanting to make for myself.

    ReplyDelete