Friday, September 17, 2010

Lady Knitterly's Fabulous Fingerless Flying Gloves (c)

October's Phat Fiber theme is Steampunk.  I've decided to do a pattern along with my yarn and fiber samples.  This time, however, I want it to be a fairly complicated pattern. 

I've done fingerless gloves before.  Simple ones using the same pattern repeat over and over again.  I can hardly sell a pattern for something that uses a dictionary stitch over and over again.  No, I decided I need something unique.  I also need something that qualifies as "Steampunk", and what better than Fabulous Fingerless Flying Gloves for operating that airship sitting out in your garage.  ;)

They are thick lace around the cuffs with eyelets up the thumb gusset.  But my personal favorite touch is the loopy bindoff that I used.

They are fairly thick and are a quick knit at 3.5 stitches to the inch on 4.5mm needles.  I think they'd look great on handspun.  I just need to get something spun up to reknit them after the demo pair is done.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment