Monday, September 27, 2010

Knitting Sweaters

Even though I'm supposed to be finishing current projects instead of starting new ones, and even though I've got a half a million current projects to finish, and even though I'm still doing battle with my mother's sweater (I will never knit lace again for anyone, no matter who they are or what they mean to me), I did a bad thing this weekend.

And by bad, thing, I don't mean overcelebrating my 31st birthday (which ended up being a serious non-issue...31 is exactly the same as 30, just plus 1).  I mean...I started a new sweater.

In my defense, it's shaping up to be a very, very pretty sweater, and at a gauge of 4st/5.5rows = 2", it's working up wonderfully fast.  It's a pretty, purple boatneck sweater, with a cable detail down the sleeves (which will be long and loose), and an off-center cable down the front.  It's a top-down raglan style sweater, completely seamless.  I'm about 10 rows from splitting off the sleeves.  You can't see anything in the picture, really, but this is how it looks so far.

It will be probably available for download around mid-Novemberish, on account of the multitude of other projects with looming deadlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment