Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oooooooh, the pain

Ow.

The running caught up with me this morning.

In other news, I pulled out an old wip last night.  It's a wrap that I was weaving, back before the loom got packed up and the basement got started.  It's actually a very pretty wrap, with a creamy bamboo warp (lengthwise thread) and a blue and white wool/cotton weft (widthwise thread).  I had decided after I'd taken it off the loom to tie the ends together and weave them in to make a mobius wrap.  It was a great idea, except there are something like 150 ends on the wrap.  So I'd gotten through 20 ends and got bored, stuffed it into my knitting basket where yarn ended up piled on top of it, and forgot about it.  Until last night.

I'm going to a wedding on Saturday, and it would be nice to have a shoulder wrap for the evening.

In between cleaning the bathrooms and going to get a crown replaced by the dentist, I think I'm going to try finish it up today.  The mobius thing kinda camoflages the uneven edges that are a result of my inexperience as a weaver. 


I don't know if I should take it to work on the bus, or if I should stick to my deadline-knitting.  I've got a sweater due asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment