Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer

I have a definite tendency to post less during the summer.  Summer is hot, and I dislike hot weather.  I'm a maritime girl at heart and enjoy a cool ocean breeze more than anything.  Yesterday it was so intensely hot that I did not really accomplish much in the way of knitting or spinning.  I got a bit done, but really not much.

I have about 1/2oz left to spin on my braid of alpaca/merino.  It's turning out lovely.  I should be able to ply it this afternoon.  The colour repeats are nice and long, so I will be navajo plying to keep the colour repeats the same in the yarn as they are on the roving. 

I've also been doing a lot of dying just lately, and drying out my lavender in batches.  I think I need to bag up the current lavender that finished drying a few days ago.  It started flaking into the dyepot yesterday, since I do both tasks in the laundry room where they won't be in anyone's way.

I will need to cut some more lavender from the garden, but that involves going outside.  I have to admit, I have very little interest in going outside right now unless it is absolutely strictly necessary.  It's not as bad as yesterday, but it is still quite hot out there.

I'm worried about tomorrow.  H booked what should be a fun (for him) time at a professional enclosed driving track.  I do not know if there is shade or shelter while he drives.  I sincerely hope there is.  I dehydrate quickly these days.  He's promised me plenty of popsicles and slushies if the shade is insufficient, and I will be wearing a big floppy hat and lots of sunscreen.  I just don't know if that will be enough to keep me from swelling like a balloon.  Staying home isn't an option, because we're going out for lunch after.  Wouldn't want to miss that.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment