Friday, August 19, 2011

Busy days, busy months

I expect it will get busier as time goes on.

I've got roughly 5 weeks remaining in this pregnancy.  Little one has started to "engage", meaning she is facing properly down and her head is moving into my pelvis.  It hasn't quite locked into position yet, but she should be locked in place within the next week or so.  If you're curious, the answer is Yes.  It is every bit as uncomfortable as it sounds.

On the upside, I managed to get out for a lovely manicure and pedicure yesterday.  My feet desperately needed some love, as they are all dry and crackly and swollen and I haven't been able to reach to clip my toenails for a few weeks.  The foot massage did lovely things for the swelling in my ankles.  The manicure was really nice.  I decided to spring for a shellac coating on my nails, which should keep the polish from chipping and my nails from peeling for a few weeks.  Since my nails are prone to peeling, I considered it to be a good investment.

In other, absolutely non-pregnant related news, I've been busy doing many other things.

First, I got my proof back from Interweave for the pattern I submitted a few months ago.  They included a page of photographs.  I don't know if I am allowed to post them yet, since the publication isn't due out until November.  The pictures looked very professional.  Of course, that is to be expected, since it is a professional magazine.  Still, to see something you designed arranged in such a professional layout is quite thrilling.  It's a fairly significant milestone for me.  I feel like I am properly part of the design world.  My designs have left the electronic world and entered the world of paper and ink, settling themselves on the shelves of bookstores.  It's hard to describe how that feels.  Mostly, it feels amazing!

I have been working away at my book proposal and am just about to send it off.  This is a very exciting prospect for me.  I understand that it may not be accepted right away.  I have made peace with this understanding.  Still, I have a new confidence that I did not have before.

And finally, because I have been working so hard at this other project, I am excited to announce the release of Little Seasonals Autumn.

It took me some time to figure it out, but I've got a working design for the Winter edition.  The first pattern is written (albeit not proofed or tested yet).  The second is sketched.  They are going to be amazing, and I cannot wait to get them out.

This afternoon, I think I need to devote some time to a gentlemen's pattern that I started in January.  KnitPicks has been very patient waiting for their sample and I just need to get on and finish it.  Hopefully, if I work hard, I can get the sample done before the baby comes.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment