Sunday, May 29, 2011

Things I don't have pictures of

Today was a gorgeous day!!  It was one of those days that I wish I had a picture of!

I spent the morning out at the Fleece and Fibrefest at Silmaril farmsThe Fibre Garden hosts monthly spin-ins and they decided to hold the May spin-in out at the Fibrefest.  Just a side note, next time there is an outdoor spin-in, I will take my drop spindle, not my wheel.  My wheel doesn't travel well, and I find it difficult to spin on my outdoor folding chair. 

Aside from that, it was just an incredible day!  The Weather Network was promising thunderstorms on Sunday all week, but the sun was out when Incubating Mouselet woke me up this morning.  I was pretty excited.  Sure enough, the sun came and went all day without rain.  We enjoyed a sheep shearing, watched baby goats, held little yellow ducklings...bought more fibre (I bought a lovely braid of silk).  There were even kittens to be adored.

A little later in the afternoon, we went up to Alpacas From Eighth and Mud to enjoy their Alpaca Shearing.  The Alpacas were not as accepting of the shearing as the sheep had been, so it was pretty interesting to watch.  We wandered around the store.  I resisted a serious urge to overspend my budget and buy my daughter a teddy bear made from Alpaca fleece (it was OOOOOOOHH SO SOFT!!).  I very nearly failed in my self-control.  After all, said teddy bear was only $30.  I might go back and buy it for her for Christmas. 

It was truly a wonderful day.  It started raining as I headed home.  Not very much, and not for very long, but the weather had the decency to hold out to make a perfectly enjoyable day!

And I, sadly, haven't got a single picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment