Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lady Knittley's Fabulous Frilly Flying Collar

Lady Knittley's gloves need a counterpart.  A matching collar-scarf.

Here's the problem I face.  I do not have any more of the wonderful yarn that I used to make the gloves.  I have acrylic that's a very similar colour and would undoubtedly look the same in a photograph.  But it makes me a little sad, because I also don't have the matching buttons.  But I do have a pretty white ribbon that might look kinda cool with it.  And I've got an awfully pretty skirt to wear when I take pictures of the ensemble. ;)

I've got until October 15 to knit the scarf and write the pattern.  Wish me luck.

On a completely unrelated note.  I've had some raw tortilla shells in my fridge for a few weeks.  By raw, I mean they are unfried corn shells, which need to be fried or baked or something, since they don't fold well.  Well, I discovered they wok-fry nicely (kinda like wontons), so I'm making home made taco salad for dinner.  I know that has nothing to do with the Flying Collar, but it smells tasty and I'm hungry, so I just thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment