Monday, April 25, 2011

Fleece back

I got my fleece back from the mill.  It turned out amazingly gorgeous!  I'm really happy with it.  I have some roving and some that was just carded out into a cloud for making batts.  But you can spin right from the cloud, which is nice. 

One of the first things I did was take out a nice big ball of the grey roving and dye it up.  I don't have pictures yet, but I dyed it a rich red with black spots.  I plan on listing it next week under the colourway name "Ladybug".

The white fleece was pleasantly surprising.  I cannot believe how white it got.  It's really pretty incredible.  The cloud will be heading into the dyebath in the next few days, after which time it will go through the carder to be mixed up with other wools for batts.  I think it will mix very nicely with some silk and nylon for sock batts.

No comments:

Post a Comment