Sunday, April 10, 2011

3 down...

I finally sorted through my fleeces in the garage.  One of them is thoroughly bad and is worthless for anything but mulch.  It's an old suffolk cross that I was given 2 years ago.  If you would like mulch for your garden, please let me know.  It has lots of sheep manure attached to it.

I had 3 fleeces that were still excellent.  One had been sorted last fall, and I took advantage of the GORGEOUS (!!) weather today to sort the other two.  I called the mini-mill upon completion and asked when I could make an appointment to bring them over.  It's only about 20 minutes away.  Well, they suggested I bring them over today, which I did.

I've got about 2 kilos of wool.  1.5Kg is a grey dorset, and the other 1.5 Kg are two different white fleeces.  One of the white fleeces is a dorset, the other is unknown.  The two white fleeces will be mixed together.  I'll get half of each back as a cloud for spinning, the other half will be processed into roving.  I am looking forward to seeing the end results.  I've seen the work this mill has done and I am generally impressed.

I'm pretty excited!!  Can't wait to see the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment