Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pretty fingers and knitting fun

Why does every post have to start with "gee, I'm sorry I forgot about my blog for the last year"?  ;)  It goes without saying, I think, that life has been busy.  That happens with a toddler.  I keep trying to promise myself that I'll post more, and then I completely forget that this blog even exists. 

What have I been up to? 

Well, for starters, the Unofficial Harry Potter Knits magazine came out.  That was pretty awesome.  I have an amazing pattern in it.  Bluebell Flames.  It's a entrelac and lace wrap.  It was fun to design and fun to knit. 

I'm pretty proud of it.

What else have I been up to?

Mouselette turned 2, which was awesome. Though, it did leave me slightly wondering... what the heck happened?  I have those moments more often now as she gets bigger and more independent.  Right now, she has a sheet of alphabet stickers, which she has declared is her "keyboard".  She's sitting at her little desk beside me "typing" on her sticker keyboard.

I have been designing other patterns, but so far nothing else is in the works for publication.

As for the "pretty fingers" part of the title.  After much determination, I finally quit biting my nails (again) and my nails are long enough to play with fun manicures.
It's not very fancy, because I'm still learning, but I like the look of this one.  Mouselette has been bugging me to paint her nails all the time, too.  So I think I'll have to get some kid-safe polish for her. 

I've got a whole board on pinterest devoted to fun nail art ideas
Check it out.  And let me know in the comments if you have any other fun and easy nail ideas.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment